Family losses property to fire in Kyambara village, Mahango sub county


A family from Kyambara village in Mahango Sub-county, Kasese district is counting losses following a fire outbreak that gutted a residential building.

The incident that occurred yesterday afternoon left the building that accommodates at least five people vehemently destroyed.

Ms. Jane Masika, the owner of the down destroyed building said our reporter that the fire which led to the total destruction of all house utensils and clothes originated from a phone battery that was being charged on solar power in her bedroom.

She has since appealed for help from both government and Civil Society Organizations so that she renovates the destroyed building and replaces some of the damaged property.

Mr. Julius Kule Kyasuba, the Sub-county Chairperson has confirmed the incident and advised the residents to stop charging their phone batteries using non-recommendable accessories.


1 Comment

  • Peter March 25, 2024

    Nice works people thanks for advocating

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *