Family in Kasese Municipality Loses Everything in Devastating Fire Incident


Kasese Municipality- A family residing in Mumbuzi Cell of Nyamwamba Division, Kasese Municipality, is facing dire circumstances after a fire engulfed their rental room, resulting in the loss of all their belongings and a sum of 1.7 million shillings.

The heart-wrenching incident occurred early this morning when the family members were away, engaged in various activities outside their home. Mr. Joseph Kato, the head of the family, expressed profound sadness, stating that the fire left them with nothing to sustain their daily lives.

Among the property consumed by the flames were clothes, beddings, a TV set, an incubating hen, and cash amounting to 1.7 million shillings, rendering them in a state of utter loss and despair.

Mr. Samson Mutahunga, the Chairperson of Mumbuzi Local Council I, confirmed the incident, speculating that the fire might have originated from the electrical machines connected inside the room.

An official report is currently being compiled to assess the full extent of the damage, aiming to seek support from the District Disaster Management Committee to aid the affected family.

Mr. Isaiah Thembo, the Chairperson of Kitoro Cell Local Council I, witnessed the unfortunate incident and urged the community to rally together to assist the family during this difficult time.

Their immediate needs for food and basic essentials must be addressed while they await potential assistance from the district authorities.

This tragic incident serves as a reminder of the importance of fire safety measures and the need for communities to come together to support those affected by such calamities.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *